Egypt Reaction to the Construction of Great EthiopianRenaissance Dam(GERD)
It is a well-established fact that Egypt has been “the behind the curtain” organizer, financer, and leader of the instabilities Ethiopia has been experiencing over the last nine years. Same is also true on the current instabilities of Sudan where Egypt and its “defacto colony Eretria” are jointly working to put their puppet government in Sudan and destroy the Ethiopia-Sudan alliance established by the late PM Meles and President Omar al-Basher.
The Egyptians developed and are implementing a “Grand Ethiopian Destabilization Strategy” after acareful study and analysis of the internal weaknesses of Ethiopia, such as the fluid nature of EPRDF, growing dissatisfaction of the Ethiopian people on EPRDF governance, historic and current rivalry within different ethnic and religious groups, weaknesses of the current federal structure and poverty. Egypt’s destabilization strategy has been implemented by involving various foot soldiers such as President Isaias of Eritrea, Dr. Berhanu Nega of Ginbot 7, Ato Daud Ibsa of OLF and so many underground agents with full involvement of various media outlets such as ESAT, OMN and BNN. The Egyptian intelligence has recruited many Ethiopian agents sold out for money and their political ambitions and these agents are working 24/7 hand in hand with Egypt and Eritrea in spying and destabilization of Ethiopia and political groups which Egypt and Eritrea see as a threat to their interests on Ethiopia.
The central focus of Egypt’s destabilization strategy has been to weaken EPRDF by eliminating its leadership and dividing the Ethiopian people by demonizing the TPLF and the Tigrayan people which they have been able to implement it effectively.
The destabilization strategy of Egypt has the following goals:
- Weaken the EPRDF government and install Egypt friendly government in Ethiopia that will sign a binding water share agreement that protects so called “historical share “of Egypt (an agreement between Sudan and Egypt in 1959 allocated 78% of the Nile water by volume to Egypt). If this goal is achieved, Egypt will allow the completion of GERD as it will benefit Egypt as “free of charge” reservoir.
- Incase Egypt fails to install a friendly government; it will continue to destabilize and weaken Ethiopia including its defense force and destroy the GERD prior to its completion.
Where does Egypt stand regarding realization of its goals?
- Ethiopia is currently a destabilized and cash starved country with a new inexperienced and divided EPRDF leadership that is highly vulnerable to foreign manipulation.
- However, even though Egypt has a very high hope that the new Ethiopian PM Dr. Abiy will be easily manipulated to sign a water share agreement that benefits Egypt, it could not succeed so far.
- Over the last one year, Egypt has tried to pressurize PM Abiy to put the verbal commitment he gave to President Sisi in Cairo on July 11, 2018 in a binding agreement(At that time PM Abiy was coerced by Sisi during their joint press conference and said “ We will take care of the Nile and we will preserve your share and we will work to increase this quota and President Sisi and I will work on this .” )
- Egypt is currently showing frustration on its inability to get a written water share agreement from PM Abiy and Egypt is continuing to destabilize Ethiopia using its foot soldiers and agents who are already in Ethiopia
When Egypt, the de facto colonizer of Eritrea, authorized President Isaias to make peace with Ethiopia and direct all so called “Ethiopian freedom fighters” that were stationed in Eritrea to enter Ethiopia, the following were the possible reasons:
- Egypt and Eritrea may have believed that opening of borders between Eritrea and Tigray will enable them to continue their assault on TPLF, which will further weaken the EPRDF so that they can install their puppet government in Ethiopia without any hinderance.
- The participation of the various agents of Egypt and Eritrea in the Ethiopian political process will pressurize the EPRDF to concede for Egypt and Eritrea. If that could not materialize, Egypt and Eritrea will destroy EPRDF and install their own puppet government.
Thanks to the bravery of the people of Tigray and the unified leadership of TPLF, Eritrea was the one that was forced to reclose its borders and TPLF came out victorious, strong and unified to save the mother Ethiopia.
The latest Assassinations of Ethiopian Officials
Egypt and Eritrea have found a fertile ground in the Amhara and Oromia states and they have been also successful to plant their agents in the EPRDF government which could do their dirty job at a time of their choice. The latest assassination of Amhara government officials and the Chief of Staff are part and parcel of Egypt’s strategy to destabilize Ethiopia as masterminded by Eritrea.
- Why Egypt and Eritrea planted their killer agents as a bodyguard of the Chief of Staff General Seare and assassinated him?